Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankfulness

I decided to wait this week in order to post on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day in the United States. This is a day that has always had special meaning for me because every eight years my birthday falls on this day. This year wasn't one of those times, I still have another three years, but I'm still considered to have a 'Thanksgiving' birthday.

I unfortunately had to work so I wasn't able to join the rest of my family for their big Turkey dinner hosted by my aunt and uncle, but I did get to see them briefly when I dropped by husband and child off. I was presented with a pilgrim hat made with a peanut butter cup, girlscout cookie, and frosting by my cousin for the road. It was so cute.

Needless to say, this entry is about what I am thankful for.

First off, my husband, child, mother, and step-father ... he infuriates me more often than not, but my husband tries in his own little ways and I think I need to be more aware of that. My baby will always be my baby, no matter how big or smart she gets. Any my parents, I would not have made it without them here. They give so much.

My job ... There are so many people in this economy that are suffering and have lost their jobs. For a while there, I was so afraid that my job too was on the chopping block as things were being evened out and cut back in our place of work. But there is a huge necessity to my position, and I'm thankful I am still here.

My car ... it's working and it's reliable. It's not the best, and I've put a lot of money into it recently to keep it that way, but it'll get me through the winter and then some.

Okele and Shadow ... I could not get through each day without them. They are both very very far away from me and yet, they are both always there and I can count on that. Other people have drifted in and out of my life and they have both remained constant.

Crafts and art ... it's such a stress relief and I make time to do it. The finished product is what keeps me going and I look forward to hearing what people think of the gifts I make for them.

The roof over my head and the utilities that make my place liveable ... I could not imagine getting through this winter not being sure where I am going to be sleeping the next night and if it will be warm or not.

I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season from now until New Years. Until next week, have a great one.

1 comment:

  1. so many wonderful things to be thankful for even if they are not completely perfect

    ReplyDelete