Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mixed Media

I've been working on my February project which is a ATC display book, handmade. It's looking very awesome. I have some more pages to paint and put into the book and mount the cards onto the pages, which I will be doing tomorrow night and then this project will be done.

In addition, I have been art journaling like crazy. Not so much writing, but a lot of art. My baby journal that I take to work and doodle in is almost full. I have been doing a lot of great prompts and challenges with a friend of mine, mostly drawing, writing, and doodling. And then there is my art journal which I received through swapbot, already decorated and filled with prompts which are forcing me to try things I've not done before. Here are some of the materials I've added to my collection in the last month or so ...

Gesso

This is a surface primer for canvas. It works great for paper (ie. journal pages) making them a little sturdier and hold up to watercolors and acrylic paints. I love working with this stuff.

Watercolors

I'm talking about the tube kind, not the Crayola pallettes. I have always had acrylic paints because I like the color intensity and the thickness. But every since starting the use of gesso, having these watercolors is so much. I love how you can do light color washes or up the amount to have really intense color. You can also let them dry out in the palette, add a little water later, and they work good as new. Awesome

Watercolor Crayons

These are similar to watercolor pencils but are of course crayons. More intense color and I find use them in conjunction with the pencils for different sorts of watercolor art.

Gelly Roll Pens

They are the original Gel pen. They are awesome! I have only the basic ones... black fine line; black and pink metallic; and pink, blue, and purple stardust. I can't wait to add more. They write over practically anything... acrylic paint, watercolor, gesso, different scrapbook papers, etc. There are some really neat puffy and gold and silver color halo pens.

I've just committed myself to do three different journal swaps so I'm sure I'll be putting many of my new materials and the techniques I've learned into these journals!!

Sayonara until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment